Manish Pushkale is easily one of the most talented and highly regarded young painters of India. With a powerful and sensitive initiation to art in the evocative environs of Bharat Bhavan in Bhopal, he has fast acquired a skill and insight into artistic creativity, Moving away from an earlier phase of figuration, Manish has evolved a language of abstracion which carries his own personal imprint. Both his vision and artistic idioms have been growing fast, attaining amazing levels of maturity and significance. His works have been shown in India and abroad both in Individual and Group shows.
His first exhibition was in 2005, with Aboriginal artist Abie Loy Kemarre and was a sellout success.
He has been a recipient of the prestigious Raza Foundation award, and also a recipient of Artist In-Residence awarded from French Governmentt in 2004.
Birth Place: Bhopal, India
Year of Birth: 1973
Awards / Grants:
TWO MAN SHOWS
- - 'Kanagawa International Print Biennale', Japan
- - '48th National Exhibition of Art', New Delhi
- - 'Art from Land of Heart', Art Indus, New Delhi.
- - 'Anadi', Chitrakala Parishad, Bangalore
- - 'Anadi', Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
- - 'Rooprekha', Lakshana Gallery, Hyderabad
- - 'Anadi' National Gallery of Modern Art, Mumbai
- - 'Anadi' Birla Academy of Art, Kolkata
- - Central Zone Show, Tao Gallery, Mumbai
- - 'Ishara', Art Today, New Delhi
- - 'Harmony Show', Reliance Industries, Mumbai
- - 'Argosy', curated by Renu Modi, Dubai, UAE
- - 'Seven', Tao Gallery, Mumbai
- - 'Seven', Visual Art Gallery, New Delhi
- - 'Seven', Time and Space gallery, Bangalore
- - 'Seven', Apparao Galleries, Chennai
- - 'Young Contemporary Artists', curated by Mala Aneja, Art Motif, New Delhi
- - 'Roop Adhyatma', Presbitare, Gorbio, France
- - 'Shiva', Tao Gallery, Mumbai
- - Gallery 27, curated by Dr. Alka Pande, Oslo, Norway
- - 'Shadang', Gallery Ganesha, Delhi
- - 'Sacred Space', curated by Harsh Goenka, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- - 'Roop Adhyatma', Gallery Tao, Mumbai
- - 'Towards Abstraction', Gallery Threshold and Bodhi Art, curated by Marta Jakimowikz, New Delhi
- - Gallery Sumukha, Hong Kong
- - 'Bharat', Tate Britain, London, Presented by Tao Gallery, Mumbai
- - 'Confluence 2005', Arts India, Palo Alto
- - 'Roop Adhyatma', Art Alive Gallery, New Delhi
- - Gallery AIR, London, presented by Sumukha Gallery.
- - 'Resonance, 50 years of Independence', curated by KT Ravindran, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
- - 'Indian Contemporary Art', Saffron Art, Mumbai
- - 'Indian Paintings of New Millenium, curated by Dr. Helen Fazio. Walsh Art Gallery, Chicago
- - 'Indian Paintings of New Millenium', Mason Gross Galleries, Rutgers University, New Brunswick
- - 'Annual Show', Pallette Art Gallery, curated by Rohit Gandhi, New Delhi
- - 'Roop Adhyatma, Pallette art, New Delhi
- - 'Roop Adhyatma', Bodhi Art, Singapore
- - 'Indian Art, Berkeley Square Gallery, London, presented by Art Mill Chelsea College of Art, London
- - 'Aqua-Aubergina-Slate', Gallery Espace, New Delhi
- - 'Spandan, Yash Birla Group, Mumbai
- - 'Canvas for India', curated by Aman Nath for Khushi
- - Saffron Art, Mumbai
- - Saffron Art, New York
- - 'Harvest', Arushi Arts, New Delhi
- - 'Swasti-Roop', Art Alive, New Delhi
- - 'Paper, Gallery Threshold, New Delhi
- - 'Indian Images', Gallery Art Pilgrim, London
- - 'SAARC Artist Show', presented by Sahar, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
- - Triveda, New Delhi
- - “Annual Show”, Pallette Art Gallery, New Delhi
- - Dubai Art Festival,UAE
- - 'Hirers Show', Hong Kong Visual Art Museum, Hong Kong
- - 'Reliance Artist in Residency Show', DAKC, Mumbai
- - 'Art Positive' Annual Show, curated by Sushma Behl
- - 'Bid and Hammer' Auction Show, Bangalore
- - 'Triveda' Auction Show, Delhi
- - 'Asta Guru' Auction Show, Mumbai
- - 'Saffron' Auction Show, Mumbai
- - 'Art Curial' Auction Show, Paris, France
- - 'India on Canvas', Khushi Auction Show, New Delhi
- - Mueller and Plate Gallery, Munich
- - 'Bentley Show', Polka Art, New Delhi
- - 'Tehelka Show', Aicon Gallery, London
- - 'Middle Edge', Aicon Gallery, Palo Alto
- - Gallery Threshold, New Delhi
- - Raza-Mongillat Foundation Show, Gorbio, France
- - Shanghai Art Fair, presented by Sanskriti Gallery
- - 'Emami Chisel' Auction Show, Kolkata
- - 'Miami Basel Art Fair', presented by Galerie Helen Lamarque, Paris and Miami
- - 'Think small'- group show of small format works, Art Alive Gallery,New Delhi
- - 'Harverst-2009', Aarushi Arts, New Delhi
- - 'Indian art summit', New Delhi
- - Group show curated by Vibhu Raj Kapoor, Gallery Beyond, Mumbai
- - '20 Years of Indian Contemporary Art', Gallery Neumeister, Munich
- - 'Art is not a Thing.It is a Way', Gallery Sanskriti, Kolkota.
- - 'Living Art Expanse', curated by Sushma Bahl, Delhi.
- - 'Vicissitudes of the Constructed Image', Tangerine Art, Bangalore.
- - 'Indian Contemporary Art', curated by Nicole Spyrattos, Museum of Asiatic Arts, Nice, France.
- - 'L'Inde et L'Art Contemporain', Rosennoff Gallery, Nice,France.
- - 'A Study in Abstraction', curated by Anirudh Chari, Ganges Art Gallery, Calcutta
- - 'Metaphoric Shift and New Imagery', curated by Gaurang Jalan, LKA,New Delhi
- - 'Contremporary Indian Art' Curated by Manish Pushkale, Gadfly Gallery, Perth, Australia
and many private and Corporate office Collections in India & Abroad.